Challenge categories :
You can participate in two challenges as individual or team.
- 3D S8 – 3D Asset Design in 48 minutes based on the Problem Statement given at the start of the event 10 minutes before 11:30 GMT on 3.12.2020.
- Anim8 – Animate character (Anim8) either in 2D or 3D in 48 hours based on the problem statement given at the start of the event 10 minutes before 11:30 GMT on 4.12.2020.
Format MP4 or QT preferred
Duration 5 secs or more (<credits 3 sec extra)
Medium 2D/ 3D/ Clay/ Stop Motion/ Mixed Medium
Character/ Object: you may use any legally permissible available rig if desired (give credits accordingly) or create your own.
File Size < 50MB (compress with handbrake or any suitable software)
1. The starting screen would have to use an Animated GO48 logo (clip provided in the folder). An alternate animation is acceptable if you desire to anim8 it another way
2. Each Team/ Individual Participant would have to submit 2-5 pictures/ selfies of them working on the project and send them as part of the submission. Make them fun. We would be happy to share the best pics received on the website.
3. Share the name of your team, and each team member name and their roles in a text file.
The judgement rubrics would be
a) engagement/ entertainment/ storytelling 50% b) Mechanics Accuracy 30% c) Design/ Aesthetics 20%
You shall submit the video as per instructions given at https://bit.ly/GO48 submit and upload it in your google drive and share the same with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to also upload the same on your instagram, facebook, linkedin, youtube (in case of videos), pinterest and other handles and tag us as well as tag your college and mentor (if any). We would happily add one mark for this in case of a tie.
The best works shall be uploaded later by the organizers on the above instagram, facebook, linkedin, youtube, pinterest handles and tagged back (in case it was tagged by you).
The Winner of all 48 hour events (give a name to your team) would be awarded a WINNERS certificate (do mention the entire team name and contributions at the end of the video as credits). Participation Certificates would be given to all Participants who submit in time.
All work becomes the property of the GO48 organizers and associates. The problem statements are real and designed by the industry. So just in case, any Video (irrespective of it’s rank/ standing) is found to appeal to the problem statement providers, the same shall be used during the launch of the next GO48! and a separate certificate of appreciation issued to them.
Do not put your name or any identification in front of the artwork.
Best of Luck!